About a month ago my sweet friend Patricia from work brought these AMAZING rosemary nuts to work, Tish is our RN and she is such a talented baker, and confection maker! I snuck in a few of these nuts knowing that they were totally off plan for Trim Healthy Mama… I felt no guilt! I simply enjoyed the delectable little confection and decided I must THM-ify (this is a new word I made up… it’s a verb of course meaning to tweak or change a recipe in a THM friendly recipe) OK enough of the English lesson according to Mel… With Tish’s genius recipe in hand i set off to work– it was pretty simple. Special thank you to Tish!
With out further ado; here you are I call them Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Nuts:
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 3 TspTHM Brown Sugar
- (1/3 cup truvia or sweet blend & 1/8 tsp black strap molasses mix until combined)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary (Fresh is best but dried will work if it's what you have on hand )
- 1 pinch or 2 shakes of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place Pecan's in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes, don't allow them to scorch! they will become very fragrant with they are ready your nose knows when they are done.
- While the pecan's are roasting melt butter in a pan over a low heat,then stir in your THM brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper until incorporated completely.
- When the timer goes off for the pecans toss them in a bowl and pour your glaze over them and toss until all the nuts are coated. Then toss in the finely chopped rosemary so it is evenly disbursed on the nuts.
- Now place your coated pecans onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and pop them back in the over for 4 minutes (no longer or they will burn!!)
These would make a great and simple party treat for all those holiday parties coming up, or even a great neighbor gift! Throw them in a cute baggie and tie with a bow.
***Disclaimer DIANA LOOK AWAY NOW! my poor Sister Uglier is deathly allergic to nuts! I promise am not trying to kill her with this recipe, but I just had to share!!***